I love how this little snow globe came together! The die set creates a sweet winter village with houses, trees, a car, street lamp, snowflakes, and layered snow drifts. I decided to give the scene a soft winter color palette with a pink sky, navy accents, and icy-blue snowflakes.
Supplies
- Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Craft Dies
- Sentiment Shoppe – Within the Fold Merry Messages Stamp Set
- Smooth Bright White Cardstock
- Sugarplum Cardstock
- Nightfall Cardstock
- Granny Apple Cardstock
- Scarlet Bloom Cardstock
- Pink Petal Cardstock
1. Gather Your Supplies
I started by gathering all of the cardstock, dies, inks, and other supplies I would need for the card. Having everything together before I started made it much easier to work through all of the small pieces.
For the color palette, I chose soft and wintry colors, including pale pink, navy, green, cream, icy blue, and white sparkle cardstock.
2. Die Cut All the Pieces
I die cut all of the snow globe pieces from a variety of colored cardstock to create a layered, dimensional scene.
For the snow globe frame, I used Nightfall Cardstock, while Sugarplum Cardstock was used for the bottom portion of the globe. For the sky, I die cut the snow globe again and layered the extra piece onto the Nightfall frame to add dimension. I then used the negative piece as the sky and added soft pink shading to create a subtle glow.
For the snow drifts, I chose glitter cardstock to give the snowy landscape a little extra sparkle and shimmer.
I die cut the houses from Smooth Bright White Cardstock so I could add my own shading and dimension rather than using solid-colored cardstock.
Finally, I used Granny Apple Cardstock for the trees, which I planned to shade to give them more depth.
3. Add Shading and Details
This is where the individual pieces really began to come together.
I added soft shading to the houses and trees, keeping the centers lighter and building up more color around the edges and in areas where I wanted to create depth.
For the house, I kept the color light and added a navy roof. The windows were finished with warm yellow cardstock to give the little village a cozy glow.
For the trees, I used a darker green to add dimension while keeping the same cardstock color across the different sizes so everything would coordinate.
I also die cut a street lamp from black cardstock and added a small piece of yellow cardstock behind it to create a warm glow. The car was cut from red cardstock, adding another festive pop of color to the winter scene.
Next, I blended soft pink into the sky, adding a little more depth toward the top. I finished it with a light splatter to create a delicate snowy winter-sky effect.
Finally, I die cut the snowflakes from icy-blue cardstock. The cool blue adds just the right amount of contrast against the pink sky while keeping the winter palette cohesive.
4. Add the Backing Pieces
I added cardstock behind some of the smaller pieces, including the house, street lamp, and car. This gave the pieces a finished look while allowing the warm yellow to show through the openings and create a cozy glow.
The yellow backing behind the house windows, lamp, and car adds a warm contrast to the cool winter colors and helps bring the scene to life.
5. Assemble the Snow Globe Scene
Once all of the individual pieces were prepared, I began assembling the snow globe.
First, I adhered the Nightfall snow globe frame to the white snow globe frame to create additional dimension. Before attaching the frame to the base, I placed the sky and snow drifts together so I could use the globe frame as a guide for positioning the scene.
Next, I placed the layered frame over the sky and snow drifts, making it easier to see where everything needed to be positioned within the globe.
I then built the winter village from the bottom upward. Starting with the snow drifts, I worked my way up through the scene, tucking the bottoms of the house and trees behind the upper snow drift so they appear naturally nestled in the snow.
The larger tree was placed behind the house, while the medium and smaller trees were layered toward the right side of the scene. The car was positioned slightly to the right of the house and placed on top of the upper snow drift.
The street lamp was positioned near the house, completing the main elements of the village.
6. Add the Finishing Details
With the village in place, I added the final snowflakes to the sky. I included two that slightly overlap the trees for an extra bit of dimension.
The glitter cardstock snow drifts add a beautiful shimmer to the scene and give the finished snow globe a festive winter feel.
7. Add the Sentiment
The snow globe die set includes a strip die designed to fit along the bottom of the globe base. I die cut the strip and used the Merry Messages stamp set to add the sentiment.
Because I only wanted to use part of one of the sentiments, I masked off the other wording before stamping, leaving just “Merry Christmas.” I then adhered the stamped strip directly to the snow globe base.
The simple sentiment fits neatly along the base and adds a festive finishing touch without taking attention away from the winter village.
8. Create the Card Base
For the card, I used an A2 white card base and added a mat of Pink Petal Cardstock to the front. I kept it clean and free of additional patterns or embellishments. The soft pink coordinates with both the sky and the pink snow-globe base while keeping the focus on the winter village. Finally, I adhered the completed snow globe directly to the pink panel and centered it on the card front.
I really enjoyed bringing this little winter village to life with the Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Craft Dies. The soft pink sky paired with the navy frame, icy-blue snowflakes, and warm yellow accents gives the scene a cozy winter feel, while the glittery snow drifts add just the right amount of sparkle.
I love how the different layers and subtle shading give each little detail dimension, making the snow globe feel like a tiny scene you could step right into. It was such a fun card to create, and I hope it inspires you to try your own color combination for a little winter wonderland of your own!
CHALLENGES:
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Christmas in September
Word Art Wednesday - #771-772
We Love Stamping - Sept *Winter Trees
ABC Christmas Challenge - September *Transport






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!