DISCLOSURE:

Several affiliate links are used in my posts. This means that, if you click on one of my links and make a purchase from that company, I will receive a small percentage of the sale without any additional charge. I appreciate your support greatly.

Friday, October 2, 2026

A Little Country Christmas Cheer | Kat Scrappiness Christmas Release

There’s just something about a cozy Christmas barn that makes me want to grab my crafting supplies and get to work! This little barn scene came together with a few die sets, some colorful cardstock, a bit of ink shading, and—of course—a festive plaid background.



Products featured:

Country Christmas Barn Door Craft Dies
Christmas Holly Craft Die
Grouchy Merry Christmas Die
Positively Plaid – Red Paper Pack
Kat's Color Studio Cardstock - Cherry, Granny Apple, Smooth Bright White

Step 1 — Gather Your Supplies

I started by gathering all the dies and cardstock I planned to use for my card. Having everything together before I started cutting made it much easier to decide which colors I wanted for each element.


Step 2 — Die Cut All the Pieces

Once I had my colors chosen, I die cut all of the pieces from colored cardstock.

For the barn, I used a combination of red, kraft, white, green, gray, and black. The different colors make assembling the barn so much easier and give all those little details their own moment to shine.

Step 3 — Add Some Shading

Before assembling everything, I added ink shading to the die-cut pieces. A little bit of shading makes such a difference—it gives the pieces depth and keeps them from looking completely flat.

Step 4 — Assemble the Barn

Now for the fun part—putting the barn together!

I assembled all the layers of the Country Christmas Barn Door Craft Dies, adding the kraft doors, white door molding, gray hinges, and black trim to the red barn frame.

Once all those little pieces are together, you really start to see the barn come to life!

Step 5 — Create the Background & Add the Barn

For my background, I used a 4¼" × 5½" white cardstock panel and trimmed it down to 4⅛" × 5⅜". I added some blue ink toward the top for the sky and green along the bottom for the grass. I kept the blending soft so the barn would remain the star of the scene.

I then adhered the finished barn to the panel and mounted the panel onto an A2-size red plaid card base using the Positively Plaid – Red Paper Pack.

I love how that little bit of plaid frames the scene and gives it a cozy Christmas feel! ❤️

Step 6 — Add the Sentiment

For the sentiment, I used the Grouchy Merry Christmas Die. I die cut the shadow from Smooth Bright White cardstock and the words from Cherry cardstock, then layered them together.

I added the finished sentiment to the card, giving it a little dimension so it stands out against the background.

Step 7 — Add the Holiday Details

Now it was time for the finishing Christmas touches! I added the wreath to the barn door, along with the holly and berries to the top of the barn. 

Once those little holiday details were in place, I adhered the Merry Christmas sentiment using foam tape. I love how the added dimension makes the sentiment pop against the white background!

And with that, this cozy little Christmas barn was all finished!

The finished card has that cozy country Christmas feel I was going for, with just enough dimension to make all those little die-cut details stand out.

A festive barn, a little greenery, and a whole lot of Christmas cheer! 

Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!