Monday, April 15, 2024

Hot Cocoa Weather

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today, I am excited to share with you a Christmas card featuring the stamp sets from Colorado Craft Company, Merry Christmoose. The moment this set was released, I instantly fell in love. I just love his PJ's and Santa slippers!

I started with a panel of Canson XL Watercolor cardstock. To create a fun Christmas background, I positioned the Simon Says Stamps Holiday Words Background Stamp (retired) onto my Stampin' Up! Stamparatus. I inked it up with Distress Oxide Inks, red & green. I used the Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer and sprayed water over the entire stamp, generously. To get a good, solid image I closed and pressed down on the Stamparatus. I was extremely pleased with the outcome. I quickly dried the panel using my heat tool. I decided to add some more color by blending the entire panel with the inks mentioned above. 

Next, I stamped my image with Memento black ink, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out with my Scan N Cut machine. I adhered it to the panel with foam strips for dimension. I then stamped my sentiment from the same set onto black cardstock with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I attached it to the panel with foam dots to the left of the image. I adhered the panel to a green card base and added some red sequins to complete the card. I am happy with how it turned out

I appreciate you taking the time to visit. Have a wonderful day! 






CHALLENGES:
ABC Christmas Challenge - Hats and Inky
Christmas BINGO Challenge - #6 Letter I - Sentiment main focus, make your own background, FREE space
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge - Make your own background






6 comments:

  1. Carrianne, this is such a cute card. I love this Santa too, especially those slippers! There's so much great detail here too. The background is great and the way you did the sentiment really pops too. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, festive card and I love how cute your moose is with the delighful Santa slippers! You're sending me away with a smile on my face.
    Thanks for sharing with is at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carri, this is so much fun! Love the added stenciling. Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for visiting Amy and leaving a sweet comment. I loved creating this card.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!