Monday, April 15, 2024

AECP Seasonal Scene Building

Good morning Fellow Crafters!

I'm back with another Altenew Education Certification card called Seasonal Scene Building with Nichol Sphor. She is an amazing and talented artist. Nichol discusses the numerous ways you can create a scene card using various techniques in this course, and I will share how I incorporated them into my card. The Altenew Zesty Life stamp set was used to create an oversized scene. I was inspired by Bridget Casey's video tutorial using this set, which ultimately led me to purchase it.

I began with a panel of Neenah Solar White #110 and then placed it on my Altenew Stampingwheel. I inked the smaller image with Versafine black ink on the top right of the panel. As Nichol explains in this lesson, I then stamped the image onto a post-it, creating a mask, and fussy cut it out directly on the lines. It is important to cut the image on the line, or you will get a gap between the two images. I simply fussy cut the portion of my mask that would connect the two images.


I then placed the masked image (post-it) exactly on top of the already stamped image and then placed the larger image where I wanted it, inked it up with Memento black ink, and stamped the image. When I opened my Stampingwheel, and removed my mask, I found that I had perfectly set my lemons, Wallah!


Next, I colored my images with Copic Markers. I then stamped my sentiment from the set in Memento Black Ink. I trimmed down the panel to 3.75 x 5 and adhered it to a foam sheet for dimension. I added a few clear and yellow sequins to give it some interest. I felt it required an additional element, so I applied Altenew Warm Sunshine to the edges of the panel, as per Sara Naumann's instruction in Irresistible Inking Techniques. This is another course that I will be further explore with you in a seperate card. 


I appreciate you taking the time to visit. Have a wonderful day! 


CHALLENGES:
Double Trouble - #164 CAS
Allsorts - It has to be spring
Creative Knockouts - Spring is in the Air
Die Cut Diva's - Make a spring card
Classic Design - #4-2024
Leigh SB Designs - #28 Spring















15 comments:

  1. Beautiful masking! Love the clean and simple look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.

    Hugs,
    Renata S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning CAS card, the lemons look good enough to squeeze into my Sweet Tea! We thank you for sharing at The Beautiful Blossoms, as a reminder, your design must be floral focused to qualify for the draw. Thanks!
    We hope you'll share again soon.
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. Yes, I just realized it isn' a floral design. LOL It's all good though. I enjoy sharing my cards. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy the rest of your day!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous CAS card and excellent masking technique. The addition of the color around your panel adds so much! Thank you for sharing your project at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous CAS card and so fresh in the zingy yellows, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so bright and refreshing! I love that little touch of yellow you added around the edges, really pulls it all together nicely. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous and I love the collection of lemons. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. Love the bright yellow lemons. Thanks for joining our challenge over at Creative Knockouts. Good luck with your entry.
    Kitty DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a refreshing image and you're coloring and masking is fantastic... like the add of a few sequins... beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully masked, making the larger image, love the bright lemon and green, a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulously refreshing creation, Carri! Love the bright shades of Lemon Yellow with the green accents of foliage. Thank you for sharing your charming creation with us at Beautiful Blossoms. Looking forward to seeing you at our next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!