Sunday, March 17, 2024

All About Layering 3 - AECP

Good Morning Crafty Friends!

Today I am sharing my first post as a participant in the Altenew Education Certification Program, All About Layering 3 Course. This course teaches you the easy steps of matching your images for quick and easy layered stamping. It also shares tips and card inspiration at the end of each course. I was so inspired by what I had learned throughout the tutorials that I jumped right in and started creating. 


My first card applies to what I have learned in All About Layering 3 Course. I wanted to use a set that I could apply some of the techniques and tips so I decided to apply them to Altenew Beautiful Day set. This set includes a 4-step peony flower and a few leaf images and two sentiments and the coordinating dies. 


I started by stamping the peony and leaf images and followed the steps for easy layered coloring. Next, I cut my images using my Scan N Cut machine, but this set also includes the coordinating dies which I recently purchased but haven't received yet. I stamped a panel of Neenah Solar White #110 with a few of the other multi-floral images in a light gray ink to give my card some detail and interest. 


From there, I stamped my sentiment in Versamark Ink on Black cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I then cut out my sentiment using a sentiment strips die. I began to place my floral images on my panel with foam strips, and I placed the leaves directly to the panel with adhesive tape and added some foam dots to my sentiment. To finish off my card, I added some dark gray splatter and added a few black gems. I really love how this card turned out.



Thank you for visiting and sharing in my Altenew education journey. Please kindly leave a comment and follow me for more tips and inspiration. 

CHALLENGES:
AAA Cards - #261 Spring Colors 
Paper Funday - #63 use dies
Beautiful Blossoms - #15 AG w/Florals










10 comments:

  1. Lisa (MadCatCards)Monday, March 18, 2024

    Great card! I am also on this journey in the AECP program, group 52. Hope to see more of your card making projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa. It's great to meet someone else in the same group! Good Luck to you!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your first submission for AECP!! WOOT!! your card is gorgeous and the colors look fabulous. LOVE the splatter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Erum! I really appreciate it. I am enjoying the learning process and picking up some great tips!

      Delete
  3. That is really gorgeous, I love the way you left the uncolored leaves behind the flowers, and the splatters and gems just finish it off perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fab and I think I own that stamp set so you may inspire me to have a go at layering with it too. It's a lovely Spring card with the fab coloured yellow flowers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank you Karen. I hope you give it a try!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous florals and a lovely CAS style. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms and Paper Funday Challenges. We love visiting and seeing everyone's creativity.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!