Sunday, March 17, 2024

All About Layering 4 - AECP

Good Morning Crafty Friends!

Today I am sharing my 2nd card as a participant in the Altenew Education Certification Program, All About Layering 4 Course. This course is an extension to All About Layering 3 which teaches you layering techniques with die cutting and how to place your images. 


For this card, I used Altenew Peony Bouquet. This is a lovely set which includes a few layered images of peonies, leaves, berries & branches and the coordinating dies.


I began my card by stamping all the images and using Altenew Fresh Dye Inks Water Hyacinth, Alpine Aster and Crystal Violet for my florals. I did not use a third color for my smaller flower. For my leaves, I used Silver Sage and Eucalyptus. For this set, I do not have the layering instructions, but I was able to follow along easily with the tips Lydia Evans shared and what to look for with each image. 


I dry embossed a panel using Stampin' Up! Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder (retired) and ran it through my Big Shot Plus. I cut it down to 4 X 5 1/4 and adhered it to a black panel measuring 4 1/8 X 5 3/8, which I then adhered to my A2 base.


For my sentiments, I used Altenew Versatile Greetings Die Set Hugs with Shadow Die. I cut the shadow twice for dimension and My Favorite Things - Bitty Thanks & Gratitude (retired). I adhered the images in place with foam strips and adhesive tape, which overlapped the card base, and I trimmed down for added interest. Another helpful tip from Lydia Evans. I adhered my sentiments directly to the panel with glue. 

Afterward, I decided to add some splatter, so I covered up my sentiment with a post-it, splattered some gray and white ink over my card, and added three violet  gems to finish off my card.

Thank you for visiting and sharing in my Altenew education journey. Please kindly leave a comment and follow me for more tips and inspiration. 




 




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous texture on the background, surely elevates the card design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!