DISCLOSURE:

Several affiliate links are used in my posts. This means that, if you click on one of my links and make a purchase from that company, I will receive a small percentage of the sale without any additional charge. I appreciate your support greatly.

Friday, September 11, 2026

A Bountiful Thanksgiving Greeting | Kat Scrappiness

Fall crafting always makes me want to pull out all those warm, cozy colors—and this card was no exception! I had so much fun creating this harvest-inspired design with the new Cornucopia Craft Dies and Scalloped Sentiment Strips from the Kat Scrappiness Fall Release, adding layers, texture, and dimension along the way. 


Supplies

  • Cornucopia Craft Dies
  • Notched Corner Rectangle Craft Dies
  • Burlap Background Stencil
  • Gobble Gobble Stamp Set

Step 1: Gather Your Supplies

I started by gathering all of the Kat Scrappiness products I planned to use for this card. The Cornucopia Craft Dies were definitely the star of the show, with all of the little fruits, vegetables, foliage, and other pieces that make it possible to create a full, abundant harvest arrangement.

Photo 1 – All products used

Step 2: Die Cut All the Pieces

Next, I die cut all of the pieces from white cardstock. I decided to color the individual pieces myself rather than starting with colored cardstock. This gave me much more control over the colors and allowed me to add shading and dimension to each element. 

Step 3: Add the Base Shading

Before reaching for my Copics, I added Distress Ink to the die-cut pieces to establish the basic color and give me a soft foundation for the coloring.

The cornucopia itself received warm, earthy shading to give it the look of a woven harvest basket. I kept the center opening lighter and added deeper shading toward the inside and edges to create the appearance of depth.

Photo 3 – Cornucopia with Distress Ink shading

Step 4: Bring the Harvest Pieces to Life with Copics

Once the Distress Ink shading was finished, I used Copic markers to add additional color, shadows, and definition to the individual pieces.

I kept the coloring relatively simple, allowing the Distress Ink underneath to do some of the work. The Copics were mainly used to deepen shadows, define details, and give the pieces more dimension.

Step 4: Create the Burlap Background

For the background, I started with a piece of white cardstock and the Burlap Background Stencil. I wanted to add some subtle texture without taking away from the colorful cornucopia, so I kept the inking soft and understated.

I blended Antique Linen Distress Ink through the stencil, allowing the burlap pattern to cover the panel. The warm, neutral tone adds just enough texture and interest while still keeping the background light and clean.

Photo 4 – Blending Antique Linen Distress Ink through the Burlap Background Stencil

Step 5: Add the Notched Detail

Once the stenciling was finished, I used the Notched Corner Rectangle Craft Dies to cut the panel.

I love how this die adds a little extra detail to what could otherwise be a simple background. The notched corners give the panel a finished, decorative look while still keeping the overall design clean.

Photo 5 – Cutting the stenciled panel with the Notched Corner Rectangle Craft Die

The finished panel was then ready to become the backdrop for the cornucopia.

Step 6: Assemble the Card

I chose Kraft cardstock for my card base to complement the warm autumn colors. After cutting the stenciled panel with the Notched Corner Rectangle Craft Die, I added foam adhesive and attached it to the card base for a little dimension.

Next, I assembled the cornucopia from back to front, layering the foliage, corn stalks, pumpkin, sunflower, fruit, and other harvest elements. I used a mix of adhesive and foam adhesive to add dimension while keeping the arrangement full but balanced.

For the finishing touch, I heat embossed “Happy Thanksgiving” from the Gobble Gobble Stamp Set in white on black cardstock and die cut it with the Scalloped Sentiment Strips.


Photo 7 – Final card photos

I love how the combination of the textured burlap background, warm Kraft card base, colorful harvest pieces, and layers of dimension came together. The Cornucopia Craft Dies make it so easy to create a wonderfully abundant fall scene, and there are so many possibilities for changing up the arrangement and colors.

This was such a fun project to create with the new Kat Scrappiness Fall Release, and I think this cornucopia would be just as beautiful for Thanksgiving table cards, tags, or other autumn projects.

Happy Thanksgiving! 🧡🍂 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!