DISCLOSURE:

Several affiliate links are used in my posts. This means that, if you click on one of my links and make a purchase from that company, I will receive a small percentage of the sale without any additional charge. I appreciate your support greatly.

Monday, July 27, 2026

Festive Patterns & Christmas Cheer | Kat Scrappiness

Hi crafty friends!

I'm excited to share another holiday card featuring the adorable Christmas Gnome Stamp Set from Kat Scrappiness! This cheerful little gnome is the perfect focal point for a fun Christmas card, and I couldn't resist pairing him with the colorful Bright Christmas 2 Paper Pack.


For the background, I mixed and matched four different patterned papers to create a playful patchwork design. Layering the coordinating prints adds lots of festive color and interest while creating the perfect backdrop for the focal image. To help the gnome stand out against the busy background, I added a stitched circle die cut to the center of the card before popping the colored image up with foam tape for extra dimension.

The gnome was colored with Copic markers in non-traditional holiday colors then die cut with the coordinating die. I finished the design with a simple sentiment stamped in black and trimmed and cut with a sentiment strip die. A clean sentiment keeps the focus on the patchwork background and the adorable gnome while tying the entire design together.



I love how easy it is to create unique backgrounds by combining patterned papers from the same collection. Since they're designed to coordinate, you can mix prints with confidence and create a card that's full of color, texture, and holiday cheer.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope this card inspires you to pull out your favorite Christmas papers and create a festive holiday card of your own. 


CHALLENGES:

SSS Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background

SSS Monday Challenge - Stitch it!

Double Trouble - #221 Thing 1, 3

Die Cut Diva's - Christmas in July






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!