DISCLOSURE:

Several affiliate links are used in my posts. This means that, if you click on one of my links and make a purchase from that company, I will receive a small percentage of the sale without any additional charge. I appreciate your support greatly.

Friday, August 28, 2026

A Quokka Kind of Thanksgiving | Kat Scrappiness

I had so much fun creating this Thanksgiving card using products from the new Kat Scrappiness Halloween Release! While the release includes plenty of spooky fun, I decided to take the adorable Festive Quokka Craft Dies in a completely different direction and give him a Thanksgiving makeover.

The Festive Quokka Craft Dies include fun seasonal accessories, and for this card I chose the pilgrim hat to turn my little Quokka into the perfect Thanksgiving character.

I also used the Notched Corner Rectangle Craft Dies, All Fenced In Craft Dies, Trio of Trees Dies, Tropical Hibiscus Die, and a sentiment from the Gobble Gobble Stamp Set to build my fall scene.


Supplies Used

  • Festive Quokka Craft Dies
  • Notched Corner Rectangle Craft Dies
  • All Fenced In Craft Dies
  • Trio of Trees Dies
  • Tropical Hibiscus Die
  • Gobble Gobble Stamp Set 

Step 1: Gather the Supplies

I started by gathering all of the products I planned to use for my card.

[Photo 1 – All products required to make the card]

I love having everything laid out before I begin. It makes it easier to visualize how all of the different pieces will work together to create the finished scene.

Step 2: Die-Cut and Shade the Quokka

I die cut all of the pieces needed for my Quokka and his pilgrim hat and shaded the individual pieces before assembling him.

[Photo 2 – Festive Quokka elements die cut and shaded]

The Festive Quokka Craft Dies make it easy to change up his look with the different accessories. For this card, I couldn't resist giving him his little pilgrim hat and turning him into the cutest Thanksgiving character!

Step 3: Create a Tree Stencil

Next, I used the Trio of Trees Dies to create a simple stencil for my background.

Instead of throwing away the negative piece after die cutting, I saved it and used the tree-shaped negative space as a stencil.

[Photo 3 – White cardstock with tree negative used for stenciling]

I love finding ways to get extra use out of my dies, and this was an easy way to add the tree shapes to my background.

Step 4: Prepare the Fence

I die cut the fence pieces using the All Fenced In Craft Dies and shaded them to add some depth and dimension.

[Photo 4 – Fence die cut and shaded]

I also die cut an additional fence so I could stack the pieces and give the finished fence a little more dimension.

You could easily skip a separate photo for this step and simply mention the extra layer when showing the finished fence.

Step 5: Cut the Main Panel

For the main focal area of my card, I used the Notched Corner Rectangle Craft Dies to cut a white cardstock panel.

[Photo 6 – Notched Corner Rectangle die with white cardstock panel]

The notched corners add a fun little detail and give the panel more interest than a standard rectangle.

Step 6: Blend the Background

Next, I blended my fall-inspired ink colors onto the white panel to create the background for my scene.

[Photo 7 – Ink-blended panel with inks used]

I wanted a warm autumn palette that would complement the Quokka, fence and foliage while still allowing the scene to have plenty of contrast. 

Step 7: Add the Tree Branches

Once the background was blended, I placed the negative tree piece back over the panel.

This time, I used the openings in the negative piece as a guide to add brown ink to the tree branches.

[Photo 8 – Negative tree piece positioned over the blended panel to add brown tree branches]

I repeated this on both sides of the panel to create the trees framing the scene.

I love that the same negative die-cut that helped me create the original tree shapes could also be used to add another layer of detail to the background.

Step 8: Add the Foliage

For another touch of autumn color, I die cut the pieces from the Tropical Hibiscus Die and shaded them to coordinate with the rest of my scene.

[Photo 9 – Tropical Hibiscus die cuts shaded]

I love using dies in unexpected ways, and with the right colors, the Tropical Hibiscus pieces worked beautifully as additional fall foliage. 

Step 9: Assemble the Quokka

With all of my individual pieces prepared, it was time to assemble my little Quokka.

[Photo 10 – Assembled Quokka wearing his pilgrim hat]

I absolutely love how his little pilgrim hat transforms him into the perfect Thanksgiving character. He's ready to celebrate!

The Finished Cards

After assembling all of the layers and adding the final details, my Thanksgiving scene was complete!

[Photo – Finished card, angled]

I had so much fun taking products from a Halloween release and giving them a completely different seasonal twist. The Festive Quokka Craft Dies made the perfect starting point, and the other dies helped me build a warm and cheerful Thanksgiving scene around him. And that little pilgrim hat might just be my favorite part! 

I love finding unexpected ways to stretch my craft supplies. Sometimes a little creative thinking is all it takes to take a product intended for one season and turn it into something completely different.

I hope this project inspires you to take another look at your own supplies and see what unexpected possibilities you can find! 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!