Friday, April 12, 2024

Easy Die Cutting Techniques AECP

Good morning Crafty Friends!

I am pleased to share yet another project from my creative journey with the AECP, Easy Die Cutting Techniques course. Yana demonstrates a variety of exciting techniques for creating cards by using die cutting.

For my card, I used Altenew Beautiful Day and was inspired by the Altenew April Inspiration Challenge.


In the first lesson, Yana suggested using vellum instead of cardstock and her card was so beautiful that I took her advice and pulled out some vellum. The images were stamped on vellum with Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. In order to avoid burning or warping the vellum, keep your heat tool moving constantly. I used Altenew Fresh Dye Inks to add some color to the back of the images with Crimson, Caramel Toffee, and Indigo Skies. I used the coordinating dies to cut the images out.    


For my next step, I decided to use the In-Laid Die Cutting Technique, which involves using a die to cut out an imageand then filling in the negative space, with something else. I took out a panel of blue cardstock and cut the smaller floral images from this set. I then adhered it directly to the card base with glue. I then filled in the negative space with the vellum images that I had already cut out in the previous steps. This fun technique gives this card a whole new look as opposed to simply mounting images with foam strips.  


Since I used vellum, the smaller floral images were visible behind the larger ones. To fix this issue, I cut two of the larger floral images from white cardstock and adhered them with clear glue dots to the vellum floral. I then used foam strips and adhered them to the panel. 

Altenew Fresh Dye Inks, Crimson, and Caramel Toffee were blended on a panel and cut out using Altenew Versatile Greetings. The shadow was cut out of white cardstock, glued together, and then adhered to the panel with foam strips. I splattered Zig White Opaque Ink to the panel and silver sequins to complete the card.

I appreciate you taking the time to visit. Have a wonderful day! 

CHALLENGES:


Die Cut Diva's - Make a spring card
Leigh SB Designs - #28 Spring
A Place to Start - April 2024 AG *add 1/2 flowers









17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card this is, the blue background is so beautiful and make the flowers pop and that vellum, really perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angelique. I appreciate your visit to my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Means a lot!

      Delete
  2. A pretty colour palette and so delicate on the vellum, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love your spring card and the technique you used gives wonderful results thanks for joining Creative Knockouts Taty x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft colors of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angy! I appreciate your visit and leaving a sweet comment.

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty card with a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work and the navy background is a great choice to high light the beautiful flowers. I must try this! Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project is stunning! I love how you've combined Yana's techniques with your own creative flair. The use of vellum for heat embossing adds elegance. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. Love the color combo. Thanks for joining our challenge over at Creative Knockouts. Good luck with your entry.
    Kitty DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - I love those large flowers. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Spring Card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Perfect use of the vellum. Thank you for joining the Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty Hugs, Renske Penny's DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!