Saturday, April 6, 2024

Celebration Stencil Techniques AECP

Good morning Crafty Friends!

Today, I am presenting my card from the Altenew Education Certification Program course, Celebration Stencil Techniques with Laurel Beard. Laurel's lessons are packed with a variety of techniques and tips, so if you're curious to learn more about them, keep reading.

For my card I am using Altenew Ambridge Rose. I was inspired to create a vintage themed card by the current Altenew Old New Challenge.


I began by using a panel of Canson XL watercolor paper and applying water to the entire panel. While the panel was still wet, I appled some Distress Oxide Inks, Brushed Corduroy, and Victorian Velvet. I didn't give this much thought, as I allowed the water to do the work for me. 


While my panel was drying, I took out my Altenew Watercolor Palette and applied the ink mentioned above to my palette. I took out my Altenew Grid Stencil and secured it to the panel with masking tape to hold it in place. I began dipping my brush into the ink and dabbing onto the stencil. My goal was to achieve a mixed media vibe which I think was successful.


I die cut a double stitched circle twice for dimension and dry embossed it with the Stampin' Up! Pretty Print Embossing Folder.  I then blended the edges with the same Distress Oxide Inks as above. I chose to die cut  the watercolored stencil background using Penny Black All-in-One Oval Cover Plate for a more vintage look. The watercolor stencil background and embossed stitched circle were glued to the card base.  I attached the floral image to the panel using foam strips.


Next, I stamped my floral image onto a panel of Neenah Solar White #110 and colored it using a layered stencil with Distress Oxide Ink, Victorian Velvet and Altenew Fresh Dye Inks, Silver Sage and Eucalyptus. I used the coordinating dies to cut the image out, and then set it aside.  


I used the Altenew Versatile Greetings Die set for my sentiment and cut it three times on black cardstock for dimension. I glued it directly to the panel. To finish the card, I added some gold matted gems.  I really love how this turned out. 

I appreciate you taking the time to visit. Have a wonderful day! 

CHALLENGES:
Stencil Fun - AG *Spring Flowers
As you Like It Challenge - Florals *love roses, fragrance
Di's Digi Designs - Lots of Layers






14 comments:

  1. YES! A HUGE YES! I love every bit of this card. I especially love the muted colors that the Distress Oxides are lending to the vibe. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika! I am learning so much that my brain is hurting LOL

      Delete
  2. Beautifully created card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane SF, CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, this card turned out fantastic! You did an outstanding job applying the techniques in the class! Stencils are such a great and versatile method for adding dimension and details to projects. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liz. I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave a comment.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful coloring of the roses! It's a great card.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty design using these delicate colours. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because you used such a light color palette, one cant really tell there is so much going on, on the card! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty stenciled background and I love the soft colors. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card with lovely colours. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous vintage look. Love the background you created and those beautiful big roses. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry. Granne DT for https://sheepski-designschallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!