Sunday, March 31, 2024

For the Guys AECP Course

Hello Crafty Friends! Happy Easter!

Today I am sharing my latest card for the Altenew Education Certification Program, For The Guys, with Jennifer Rzasa. She was a delightful instructor and a source of inspiration for me to explore new possibilities. To be candid, I must admit that masculine cards are not my preferred type of cards. But I used what I learned in class to make this card, which is very different from what I usually do.



For this particular card, I had to think outside the box because I have nothing masculine in my Altenew collection. I went through everything a few times and thought to myself, I am going to have to order something and hold off on this assignment. 

Jennifer suggests that you look at your dies differently and stretch out their use in one of the lessons. While I was putting everything away, I pulled out the Altenew Plum Blossoms Layering Die Set. There are several petal dies in this set; however, one of them actually resembles a bow tie, which prompted me to create my card. 


I started my card by die cutting four petals on Altenew Love for Stripes Paper Pack.  From there I die cut a few stitched circles in assorted colors. I cut a panel of orange cardstock using My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangles STAX Die-namics. I adhered that to a foam pad for a little dimension and pieced everything together.


I stamped the sentiment from the Altenew Fairy Tale Florals Bundle in Versafine Onyx Black Ink, cut it out using a Sentiments Strip Die, and attached it to the panel with foam strips. 

Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful Easter with your families. 

CHALLENGES:
Di's Digi Challenge - Lots of Layers














6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Erum. I will continue to play when I receive better products to master the techniques fro this class.

      Delete
  2. I told you in the FB group it was so cute, but GURL... sooooo cute. I love the color pops so much just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute and creative, Carri. Thanks for taking time to stop by agnd share your wonderful creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. What a treat. Best of luck in the random draw, and please visit us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!