Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Easy Ink Blending Techniques AECP

Good morning Crafty Friends! 

Today, I am sharing a card after completing the Ink Blending Techniques course with Amy Lee. I really love how Amy explained everything that she was doing and why. In this course, I have learned how to layer with ink blending, watercoloring techniques, and most importantly, have fun experimenting!

For this technique, I chose to use Altenew Fairy Tale Florals Stamp Set. It's a beautiful set with three flowers and some leafy greens, so it was just what I needed to give this new technique a try with a variety of colors. My card was inspired by the Altenew March Inspirational Challenge.


Before I proceed, I would like to provide a brief overview of my background in watercoloring. I make a mess! Not a mess in my craft area, but my creations are always messy. Seriously! I actually gave up watercoloring, but after taking this course, I found the confidence to try again, and I am so glad that I did. This would be my first baby steps into the world of watercoloring.


I prepared a panel of Canson XL Watercolor Paper with my embossing buddy for heat embossing. I stamped my image using Versamark Ink and applied white embossing powder and heat set. I blended some Altenew Fresh Dye Inks, Forest Glades, Sunny, Coral Red, and Purple Wine. From there, I took out my Artistry by Altenew Watercolor Brush #3 and placed it in a cup of water. I spritzed my panel with the Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer and lightly applied the same inks listed above for a loose watercolor look. Remember, to wipe your brush after each ink application to avoid a muddy look. I heat set my panel to speed up the drying process.

The next steps are my favorites. I applied some new shades of ink for more variations to achieve that subtle watercolored look. I used Altenew Fresh Dye Inks: Evergreen, Chamomile, Snapdragon, Crimson, and Distress Oxide Ink, Seedless Preserve. For each color, I dipped my brush into my water and applied a generous amount over the images. At the end, I splattered a little seedless preserve over my image.



I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Oxide Black Ink, but had a smudge on the top portion. In order to save the card, I heat embossed it on black cardstock with white embossing powder, fussy cut it, and then placed it over the smudge on the panel with foam dots. Whew! After all of that, I was worried there for a minute. To finish the card, I added some blush sequins. I could have gone with black sequins, but I wanted a softer look to my card. 



How simple was this? If anyone has a challenge with watercoloring, I would highly suggest this technique. It was super easy! I am finally happy with a watercolored card!

Thanks for visiting and for following me on this amazing educational journey. Be well!


CHALLENGES:





10 comments:

  1. So so pretty! Love all the depth created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing the process you used to create this masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card with great tips on how to do it. Watercolor is always a struggle for me. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracie. You should give this technique a try. It is sure to help with your watercoloring. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  4. I applaud the creativity you've shown in implementing the techniques! It's clear from your detailed explanation that you have truly enjoyed this class and mastered the techniques too! Your card turned out beautifully. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erum! That means a lot coming from you! I am learning so much and am enjoying the journey!

      Delete
  5. OH my goodness you really did a lovely job and I really appreciate your detail -- STUNNING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you so so much! I really love this program!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a great rest of your day!